Thursday 9 September 2010

Oh... my.... gosh



J
ust found out they are going to start sending out emails for the Face 2 Faces tomorrow. Not that I was ever overly confident at getting through, but I've suddenly lost all my confidence at all :( I really don't think I did that well when I read other people's experiences and what they said and now I'm just dreading that email because it means the dream is over. I really want to go and I don't know whether I can face doing this application process again, financially speaking. Emotionally I'd put myself through it because all the stress would be worth it in the end, but I'm not sure if I can afford to put my career off for what would really be at least another 18 months. Would anyone hire someone who graduated 3 years previously? If I didn't get through next time, all I could have to show for my time away from uni is a job at McDonald's. Oh I don't know! Luckily I'm walking the dog, then making cupcakes this afternoon, so I might be able to distract myself for a while. Tonight may require a few glasses of wine, however! Anyway, the next time I write it may be that I've got my email, so please, please wish me luck! And I'll be sending out my thoughts for the other wdwip forum members, who have been amazing during this process. Everyone is so happy to give out advice, even to people who are technically the competition and everyone is there to offer support and answer questions, and just generally share the nerves and excitement. When you count the number of regular posters, there aren't really that many of us compared to the number of overall phone interviewees, so there's definitely a chance that everyone could get in, and I really, really hope so because everyone there deserves it. I certainly won't begrudge any of them their places if I don't get through (only the strangers lol). So good luck everyone!! Fingers crossed for some good news soon! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment