Thursday 7 October 2010

People on the boards seem to think tomorrow could be the day we find out. Although they said at the presentation it might be 3 weeks, in previous years they have found out by the following Friday (i.e. tomorrow) and Yummy Jobs are always keen to put people out of their miseries as soon as possible.

I've convinced myself that I haven't got it now, partly due to a mega-stressful few hours I had this evening! Even though I wasn't expecting to hear today, every day this week I've been holding my breath slightly between 4 and 6pm (of course I breathed a couple of times during that time, else I'd be slightly dead), which is around the time previous emails have been sent, and at about 5pm I was driving in my car and my phone went CRAZY. Within the space of about 30 seconds I got a text message, a facebook message and 2 bbms (I'm never that popular) and the only reason I could think of was that it must be other applicants messaging me having got their emails. I was convinced. So when I got to the car park I took a look at my phone, and realised I didn't have an email :( So my ever-so-clever deduction from all of the above was that Yummy had sent out all of the acceptance emails, my friends had got them and thus messaged me and as the emails are sent out in batches the fact that I hadn't got one meant that I had been rejected. Yes, I know, but all of that seemed to make perfect sense at the time, and I believed it absolutely. I knew that I was going to have to sit through a 2 hour induction at work, so I decided not to read any of the messages which I believed would confirm my theory and make me inconsolable and unable to concentrate for two hours. So of course, during those two hours I chewed about 60 pieces of rescue remedy gum (then read the bottom of the packet and panicked at the words 'excessive consumption may have a laxative effect'- luckily I seem to have got away with it!) and attempted to talk myself into believing that I didn't want to go to Disney anyway. Didn't work.

Of course, when I got out of my induction I sat in the car, held my breath and read a text message from my Dad, a facebook message from an old work collegue, one bbm saying 'hiiii' and another from a friend going on about a new cupcake maker. So it turns out that, actually, I was just popular for one freaky moment and in fact no emails had been received whatsoever.

Fool child.

No comments:

Post a Comment