Sunday 17 October 2010

Waitlisted...

I've had to wait a few days to post this because I needed a while to get my head around it. This is the first chance I've had to really sit and think about it, because I've been working like crazy this last week (first week working full time at Next) and my mum's friend came to visit this weekend.

I got the following e-mail from Yummy Jobs on Friday:

Dear Victoria,

Many thanks for attending the recent interviews for the Walt Disney World International Programs! The Disney Recruiters and the Yummy Jobs Team were very excited to meet you, and had a great time getting to know you and your reasons for wishing to work at Walt Disney World.

Disney was very pleased with the amount of interest we received from applicants across the country wanting to participate in Disney’s Cultural Representative Program. Your qualifications, along with those of other applicants, made their decision a challenging one. Participant selections were made after much evaluation and deliberation.

The standards were extremely high and at this time the Disney Recruiters are not able to offer you a position on the Cultural Representative Program. However! The Disney Recruiters did feel you were a GREAT applicant and would like to keep your file for their Opportunity List! This list is put together to enable great applicants, such as yourself, the opportunity to go to Walt Disney World when additional positions arise, and the best news is that Disney is now looking to fill positions starting all the way into to September 2011 allowing the possibility of even more available roles!

Your application is currently being considered for a program start date between February 2011 and September 2011 and we will be keeping your details on file until the end of March 2011 by which time we WILL have contacted you and all available positions will be filled.

If Disney is not able to find a suitable role for you, we will also notify you by the end of March 2011.


which means I am officially on the Disney waitlist. Originally, I was quite pleased about it all. I mean, it's not a rejection- I still have a chance at getting out to Disney- and during the January applications most of the people who got waitlisted got out to Disney in the end.

However, having not seen a single post about a rejection and after having read all of the excited posts from people with dates I am feeling a bit disappointed. It seems they've offered a heck of a lot of dates this time round (and I am sooo excited for all the people I know with dates, truly) so I do feel a little bit like I've failed where so many other people have succeeded. I can't help going over all my stupid interview answers and getting annoyed at myself. But I suppose I can't dwell on that, I have to think of this as a positive thing. Disney have offered dates all the way until September, despite having originally said they were only looking for places until June, which means they must have offered a lot more places than they originally planned to. The more places they offered, the more people who could potentially drop out of the process which could mean more opportunities to get off the waitlist. So, hopefully, everything's going to turn out alright in the end. I have said all along that the most I really expected was a place on the waitlist, so I got that!

I just have to keep the faith, prepare myself for even more waiting (my advice: if you're an impatient type of person DO NOT apply for this process!) and hope very much that Yummy Jobs get in touch sooner rather than later with some good news.

Until then, a big CONGRATULATIONS to those who have gotten a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment